Search the forum,

Discuss New showers and customer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Went to price for new bathrooms in an old victorian house. Currently has cisterns in loft and 5 year old heat only boiler downstairs with the copper cylinder under it in utility room. Currently has 1 bathroom and a ensuite. Both with electric showers. Customer wants another bathroom fitting and old one re doing and mixer showers fitting. I explain the proper way is cold from cistern in loft and hot right back from cylinder up to showers which is a pig of a run get call saying other plumber said it's OK to just tap into existing hot and cold feeds to bathroom. You just can't tell some customers

Went to price for new bathrooms in an old victorian house. Currently has cisterns in loft and 5 year old heat only boiler downstairs with the copper cylinder under it in utility room. Currently has 1 bathroom and a ensuite. Both with electric showers. Customer wants another bathroom fitting and old one re doing and mixer showers fitting. I explain the proper way is cold from cistern in loft and hot right back from cylinder up to showers which is a pig of a run get call saying other plumber said it's OK to just tap into existing hot and cold feeds to bathroom. You just can't tell some customers

I'd send them an email quoting the relevant knowledge for regs & such on the correct way to install the shower, and explain why, even if you don't get they job, it'll show tomthe customer that you know what your talking about compared to the other plumbers

I'd send them an email quoting the relevant knowledge for regs & such on the correct way to install the shower, and explain why, even if you don't get they job, it'll show tomthe customer that you know what your talking about compared to the other plumbers

but some still dont care, all they do care about is price

Joining into existing hot and cold supplies would be okay if the colds were just specific to each bathroom. That's if someone isn't using a tap in same room as somebody else is using the shower. Sometimes you just have to work with the way the house has been plumbed.
But as Plumben said, send them detail of regs and MIs of various showers to show you are correct.

but some still dont care, all they do care about is price

I totally agree but when they ring you up after they've had the job done on the cheap and want it done correct you can tell them you told them so and charge double to fix it

I totally agree but when they ring you up after they've had the job done on the cheap and want it done correct you can tell them you told them so and charge double to fix it

Yep normally when it's ****ing everywhere :D

My Favorite is to point out all of the flaws in the fitting from the Cheap workers

Normally there's too many to count

i went to one and the shower valve was about 600mm off the tray and it was a fixed head at about 5ft customer had to sit in the shower

was it one of these foot operated ones :D

just seen this and they wounder why they have problems :D

CZrDpR8XEAER0zz.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New showers and customer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon. Just wondering if it would be fine to connect an electric shower to the balanced cold supply from an unvented cylinder. Replacing an old Bath mixer tap with the shower hose built into it. Regards
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock