Discuss New DIY "Plumber" needs advise for loft water tank supply nut and olive?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway its all done now and I'll sleep soundly tonight. Cheers guys,what a great forum.

One last thing...

I haven't read all 50 posts so this may have been dealt with already but you mentioned rotten wood in the tank. That was probably the remains of a lid that went on the tank. The tank needs to have a proper lid on it and to be insulated before the job is finished.

You can buy tank lids in standard sizes from plumbers merchants. There are places that will make custom sizes.

One last thing...

I haven't read all 50 posts so this may have been dealt with already but you mentioned rotten wood in the tank. That was probably the remains of a lid that went on the tank. The tank needs to have a proper lid on it and to be insulated before the job is finished.

You can buy tank lids in standard sizes from plumbers merchants. There are places that will make custom sizes.

Cheers for that. I've cleaned the tank out and Ill get my folks to buy a proper lid from wickes or another supplier. Thanks for that!

You either need to remove the "Tap Connector completely and extend the 15mm pipe up an connect with a simple 15mm nut and olive - or get a 1/2" fibre washer to put on the "tap connector"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New DIY "Plumber" needs advise for loft water tank supply nut and olive?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock