Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mixer shower bangs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello,
Please could someone give me some advise.
We have a combi boiler but for some reason the previous occupants left the cold water tape in the loft.
We changed the shower to a mixer shower and ever since the shower bangs when being used. The tap are fine but the shower really bangs.
The water will come out and all of a sudden it starts to spurt and bang, eventually it will stop, the water will shoot out cold then gradually warm up.
I am wondering if it could be due to the hot being of the mains and the cold of the water tank....
My question is do you think that if we got the tank disconnected and ran the cold of the main also it would stop the banging?
All advise appreciate,
Thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower bangs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock