Search the forum,

Discuss Magna clean, Spirotap, TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Which is the best?

Thoughts, opinions, ideas

Its for my bros system, 28mm primary's, 16 rad system

Money is not an issue, just want the best one

Thanks

Tf1 form me, had to many Magna,s leak. Only two but that's enough for me. Also the tf1 has two options for cleaning, and it's easier to fit and looks neater.

look at the new magnaclean now fits inline like the tf1 and has revised seals. ive always found the magnaclean to collect more crud then the others. ive had a magnet fall off in a tf1 the spirotech just dosent cut the mustard for me.

I don't see the problem with taking the head off the magnatech tbh

Just looked at our returns in warranty data. (One day this is going to get me into trouble with a manufacturer).

Per 1000 sold, return rate is:

TF1 3.9 units returned as leakers or 0.39%
Magnaclean 2.7 units returned as leakers or 0.27%

There were also a small handful returned for other reasons - items missing from the pack, malformed threads etc - the sort of issue that you pick up when installing.

Both figures are well below the return rate for radiators, (about 9 per 1000) although to be fair most rads that come back have cosmetic damage rather than leaks.

Most of the returns were in 2010 and early 2011 - we haven't had a single Magnaclean returned this year and very few TF1s.

I wonder if there have been teething issues that are now sorted?

tf1 for me..keep your wonky magna's

i saw you bspareltd.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a filter that traps all kinds of debris is better than one that only traps magnetic particles, so I would go for the Tf1, or something similar, depending on price. Most of them seem over-priced to me - can't see why a magnet in a plastic pot should cost ÂŁ80 to ÂŁ100.

If the boiler manufacturer's that produce small-bore heat exchangers had any moral conscience and business sense, they would put a filter in the box with the boiler.

Most of the big installers are now running their main deals based on WB boilers, Vaillant's "easy-block" small-bore heat exchangers must have cost them a fortune in lost sales. The smaller bore may give better performance, but the obvious thing to do is to protect such technology with a filter.

A filter which collects the magnetic and non magnetic debris is the only one to choose

However water condition is also a vital requirement - dosing the system with enough inhibitor is also as important.

There were major problems with the domestic MagnaClean - in fact BG de-listed them - I think they have improved their product now. I also like to be able to see into the filter - to see how sludged up its is.

We designed and produced a commercial magnetic filter set for hospitals, huge buildings and hotels which was taken up by a major player a few years ago and is still selling well - at around ÂŁ1000 each I believe. They have bespoke 28mm - 2" - 6" ports

centralheatking

i was thinking of having mine transparent but decided not , reason being if the customer saw black water swirling round in the filter they would panic .
So i wanted to make mine in white to colour coordinate with the white goods in the kitchen , made the surface so it can be wiped clean if you put your grubby hands on

We did intend to go down the domestic route but our product was too highly engineered
and would have cost too much. Around this time Adey got the BG contract and under cut us on quality - as they found out !.

We had a vortex magnet where the water was spun around the outsideof the magnet and exited up the middle. Also clear plastic which we wanted and which does not go opaque with the scour of magnetite sludge is really expensive stuff. Adey did this later I believe.

If your really interested there are two aspects of my filter body design still protected but
not used yet. [email protected] talk to me

centralheatking

i am on with designing a inline filter and hopefully will launch this before the summer , but i will keep in touch
We did intend to go down the domestic route but our product was too highly engineered
and would have cost too much. Around this time Adey got the BG contract and under cut us on quality - as they found out !.

We had a vortex magnet where the water was spun around the outsideof the magnet and exited up the middle. Also clear plastic which we wanted and which does not go opaque with the scour of magnetite sludge is really expensive stuff. Adey did this later I believe.

If your really interested there are two aspects of my filter body design still protected but
not used yet. [email protected] talk to me

centralheatking

In-line filter ? this was an still from an animation a few years ago and all fully protected

FILTERDIABEST1 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a similar product to that on you tube , a guy from mansfield .
I spoke to him , he has approached adey and fernox but both turned him away .
I think to create a filter , customer needs to withdraw the magnet and clean the filter in situ and the filter has to capture non - magnetic .
Few years ago plumbers were content with just magnetite being caught but not any more !!!!

Few years ago plumbers were content with just magnetite being caught but not any more !!!!
Yep nail on head, especially if plastic non barrier pipe is not inhibited up to the gills, in fact you can add barrier pipe to that statement also!

I read what you write but we produced this device 5 years go and made our money - and as you say the magnet can be withdrawn and cleaned down with a non magnetic tool ALL in situ.

I wish you well in your quest for the perfect domestic ch filter and as I have mentioned there could be mileage in your company and mine working together. In fact we have moved on to other things now - but my contacts etc are still available to you

there is a similar product to that on you tube , a guy from mansfield .
I spoke to him , he has approached adey and fernox but both turned him away .
I think to create a filter , customer needs to withdraw the magnet and clean the filter in situ and the filter has to capture non - magnetic .
Few years ago plumbers were content with just magnetite being caught but not any more !!!![/QUOTE]

to be honest with you to market the product quickly ,i will be giving free samples out to get plumbers and merchants interested.
Hope it works.

to be honest with you to market the product quickly ,i will be giving free samples out to get plumbers and merchants interested.
Hope it works.
Any more detailed info on this yet or a video? Or do we have wait like others for 1st Nov?

Very good....points as per PM, I bet that was not cheap to produce either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magna clean, Spirotap, TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have mostly underfloor heating in my house and one new radiator and two old. A bit of metal pipes and three manifolds, but mostly PEX-pipes. The heat source is a Vaillant FlexoCompact 88/4 heatpump. The plumbers which installed the heatpump added Elysator Sanol (cleaning agent) and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock