Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning Magnetite in underfloor heating system in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!

I have mostly underfloor heating in my house and one new radiator and two old. A bit of metal pipes and three manifolds, but mostly PEX-pipes.
The heat source is a Vaillant FlexoCompact 88/4 heatpump. The plumbers which installed the heatpump added Elysator Sanol (cleaning agent) and flushed the heating system before installation to clean it, but when I checked the two magnetic filters after one month I found a considerable
amount of magnetite.
The plumbers took a water sample and sent it to the lab for analyzation and not surprisingly the water contained too much magnetite.
Later the Plumbers temporarily added a big PuroTap leader-filter to try to clean the water further. The filter has been installed for a couple of months now. I have checked the magnetic filters every two weeks afterwards, but it does not seem to help. See the attached picture of how the magnetic rod looks like. I clean the rod with a rag before reinstalling it.
To me it seems like the plumbers are not taking this issue seriously and I'm afraid of harming the heatpump and other components.
What should be done in such a situation to make sure the water is clean enough? It looks like the current measures is not working properly.

magnetic_filter.jpg.jpeg

Best regards,

Erling

Reply to Cleaning Magnetite in underfloor heating system in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the top rail, but as you can see they are at the bottom? Also have I got to loosen off the electrical actuators at the top to refill the system? Cheers
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual service and the engineer commented that the water looked discoloured and that the inhibitor needed replacing?? Is this an easy procedure? I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock