Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning Magnetite in underfloor heating system in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!

I have mostly underfloor heating in my house and one new radiator and two old. A bit of metal pipes and three manifolds, but mostly PEX-pipes.
The heat source is a Vaillant FlexoCompact 88/4 heatpump. The plumbers which installed the heatpump added Elysator Sanol (cleaning agent) and flushed the heating system before installation to clean it, but when I checked the two magnetic filters after one month I found a considerable
amount of magnetite.
The plumbers took a water sample and sent it to the lab for analyzation and not surprisingly the water contained too much magnetite.
Later the Plumbers temporarily added a big PuroTap leader-filter to try to clean the water further. The filter has been installed for a couple of months now. I have checked the magnetic filters every two weeks afterwards, but it does not seem to help. See the attached picture of how the magnetic rod looks like. I clean the rod with a rag before reinstalling it.
To me it seems like the plumbers are not taking this issue seriously and I'm afraid of harming the heatpump and other components.
What should be done in such a situation to make sure the water is clean enough? It looks like the current measures is not working properly.

magnetic_filter.jpg.jpeg

Best regards,

Erling

Reply to Cleaning Magnetite in underfloor heating system in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock