Discuss leeds plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

jesus,

just been up to leeds university with me daughter to the open day.
it took me an hour to drive from the m1 to campus at 10am (hardly rush hour). now i dont know if its me or what, but i was last up there about 5 years ago and i cant remember it beeing as bad as that.
what i did notice though there is more plumbing firms than taxi's. however i dont think that £55 per hour rate is enough if you have to travel to the jobs in that crap.
i am now desperately trying to persuade my daughter that leeds uni is not for her as i really dont want the hastle again.lol

how do you manage john.:(

no replies necessary, just getting it of my chest:)

Trouble is Martin,Leeds apparently is a great place for the young,my boy is there studying their and loves it !
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha , Aparently Leeds is the fastest growing city in europe and your daughter will love it .The traffic is a total nightmare and thats why I only do free quotes till 10 till 4pm , just had all that trying to get parked somewhere near campus as was the only place and a 15 minute walk with my tools to city centre harvey niks on 4th floor, I have twice entered an NCP carpark forgetting about my pipe carrier and smashed into electrical conduit on the roof ( I wont be doing that in a hurry) I have to order part and do it all again tuesday, £3 parking minimum per hour, and dont even get me started with parking in headingley where i live as the parking bylaws put in place because of the cricket and rugby ground make it impossible to park anywhere near a headingley job! even then you need a visitors permit which nobody ever has I am constantly leaving my hazards on and my emergency plumber on call sign in window praying it will work. The one way system is still new to most sat navs and she never tells me in enough time which lane to get in and can sometimes take 30 - 50 mins to get me to correct place in city centre which is only 2 miles from my doorstep. Poor old me. On the plus side nobody has nicked the copper out of my carrier in well over two weeks now .....must be end of the recession. :)
DFD67465-8F71-B9AF-A211-C6B205045DB6

Last edited by a moderator:
so am i right that it wasnt as bad 5 years ago. if i recall (apart from the one way) straight in and out of leeds no problem.
i really dont think the city can actually handle the traffic and the road system is grossly under managed.
tbh, its no diffrent from 'oxford street' london friday afternoon (55 minutes to travel 1/4 mile to turn van around)= big mistake.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leeds plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock