Search the forum,

Discuss IMI Range ltd Flowmax water tank question: please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nbr

Hi,

I have recently bought a house which has got a IMI Range ltd Flowmax water tank from 1993. Our plumber fitted a new boiler in the house (placed in the garage) and it seems that in order to have the central heating on I have to set the programmer/controller so that the hot water is on as well. If I set the controller into central heating only, nothing happens and the boiler does not even turn on.

The boiler installer says it may be something related to the wiring of the programmer, but could also be how the whole central heating is supposed to work with this IMI flowmax water tank.

I would like to have either the hot water OR the central heating on, i.e. separate, since filling the water tank with hot water to then get the radiators hot feels like a waste, but I am not an expert.

Can you please help? The plumber says the system is too old and he has no idea (?)

Thanks!

Hi all,

I thought I would upload some pictures of the water tank/plumbing system, just in case it helps. Any plumber sufficiently lon enough in the industry to know an IMI range ltd Flowmax water tank from 1993? Any reply welcomed!

Thanks!

Image027.jpgImage028.jpgImage029.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to IMI Range ltd Flowmax water tank question: please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock