Discuss Ideal Logic Plus 30 + Fitting quote... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

virtualandi

Hi there, got quoted £1450 for replacing ancient combi with an Ideal Logic+ 30 (7 Yr Warranty)
extended flue, wireless thermostat, fernox flush, associated brick & pipework, certificate & commissioned, from a locally well respected Gas Safe chap...
What do we think??

...we're in north notts, i suppose location does play a part!
'Cheap'...why does that worry me??!
Is it a crap boiler?

...we're in north notts, i suppose location does play a part!
'Cheap'...why does that worry me??!
Is it a crap boiler?

Good boiler. I think its a great price. Did the installer fill you with confidence?

Be sure to post pics of the install so that we can all rip it to pieces... I mean praise the installer afterwards!:devilish:

Yep, very helpful & said though the Ideal is a sort of low-mid range make & he's done a lot recently. We thought (read reviews in Which?) Worcester, Vaillant & Viessmann were the bees knees & the guy agreed that theyre good, but its horses for courses & besides theres no reason to spend the extra these cost when a well looked after & serviced Ford Mondeo can easily hold its own with these top makes.

Yep, very helpful & said though the Ideal is a sort of low-mid range make & he's done a lot recently. We thought (read reviews in Which?) Worcester, Vaillant & Viessmann were the bees knees & the guy agreed that theyre good, but its horses for courses & besides theres no reason to spend the extra these cost when a well looked after & serviced Ford Mondeo can easily hold its own with these top makes.

I'd have an ideal over the vaillant and Worcester. Having said that, my mondeo broke down yesterday but I know it's going to be a cheap fix compared to croppies Bentley.

I'm North Scotland and even for this area that is mega cheap and I couldn't come near that, with wireless controls and a magnaclean I'd be 300 dearer than your quote, so aslong as he's a reputable tradesman and his quote is very clear on what your relieving then I'd bite his arm off quick before he realises he's been too cheap lol
I take it he hasn't to alter gas pipe and must have an easy termination route for the condensation pipe ,?

I'd have an ideal over the vaillant and Worcester. Having said that, my mondeo broke down yesterday but I know it's going to be a cheap fix compared to croppies Bentley.

Don't bother repairing the Bentley these days. I just get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic Plus 30 + Fitting quote... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Evening Hopefully you're not sick of this type of question! I've had a few quotes for a boiler upgrade (going from a regular boiler (~15 yrs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Sorry, loads of these questions on here. Getting a new boiler as current 18 year old one is packing up and would like some advice. Opted for one...
Replies
Views
Can I jump in here rather than starting a new thread about the same thing? We were about to start getting quotes for a new combi (just moved into...
Replies
Views
Hello, from South Devon. Firstly - I'm not a Gas Safe RGI. I'm considering my options to replace a 23 year old |Ideal Classic FanFare 50,000 kw...
Replies
Views
I bought a house last year which had very inefficient electric heaters and no gas connection. The house price worked out cheaper even if I do all...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock