Search the forum,

Discuss How to open up toilet waste pipe please in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

How to open this toilet pipe please?
I need to retrieve a key I dropped down here.
I think its sitting in the grooves of the flexible pipe.
Will this pipe unscrew easily, I can probably untwist it OK.
But then after is it easy to reconnect and ensure its water tight?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks
V

Attachments

• 3DFC0AAE-37B3-473B-80C4-503C53701031.jpeg
    3DFC0AAE-37B3-473B-80C4-503C53701031.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2EEAE1A3-DB1B-4469-A7C3-6EA5516DC128.jpeg
    2EEAE1A3-DB1B-4469-A7C3-6EA5516DC128.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 9
Should just pull of the toilet if you have enough space if not the toilet will have to come out

You''ll need to separate A from B.
There will need to be a small gap where the green arrow is.
If there isn't enough room to move A all the way back, you should be able to twist it up or down to release it.

If not, as ,the toilet pan will have to come out.

Attachments

• WC connector_LI.jpg
    WC connector_LI.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8

Reply to How to open up toilet waste pipe please in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock