Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting new toilet to waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new toilet location so need to connect the toilet up to this now.

There's no existing above ground pipework there as you can see in the attached (old) image, the toilet will be centered in the 600mm cabinet outline drawn on the ground. The toilet is a back to wall version so the pan connector needs to go straight out from the back of the toilet, 90 degree bend left and then down into the sewer waste.

The plumber said there's no issue in doing it when he was out months back and to call him when I want it done but I thought I'd see how easy a DIY job it is first, given I've done most of the bathroom so far. I'd rather avoid flexi waste pipes if possible, I see them used quite frequently but I can't really see how the accordion design is a good idea long term - even if easier?

From my understanding I'll need this pipework (sorry for the general screwfix names)
  • MCALPINE PUSH-FIT SINGLE SOCKET DRAIN CONNECTOR BLACK 110MM
  • MCALPINE RIGID STRAIGHT WC CONNECTOR WHITE 260MM - out the back of the embedded pan connector.
  • Then some form of 90 degree bends to connect these - this is what I'm unsure of exactly.
Advice appreciated, feel free to say if it's a deceivingly difficult job and I'll contact the plumber but I'm fairly confident once I know which connectors are required.

Attachments

• toilet connection.png
    toilet connection.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I managed to get a setup I was happy with in the end which was a drain connector, 90 bend, 45 bend, straight pipe into a 12 degree pan connector. I was very close to a Flexi though!

Attachments

• 20230928_204808.jpg
    20230928_204808.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 14
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra effort to plumb the pan with rigid waste.

It’s a good idea to restrain the pipework in some way to stop it moving as you push the pan back, this only needs to be a block of wood or similar.
However if access in the unit is good then this may not be necessary , it’s more for when you’ve made a tiled box yourself.

Reply to Connecting new toilet to waste in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock