Discuss How to do wiped joint in lead waste pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Big brother changing the name "Plumber" to "Plastics"?

I think most in the industry went from being plumbers (Lead Worker) to cuprumers (Copper Worker), Don,t think there will be a latin word for plastic.

Perfectly legal to make a wiped lead joint as long as it isn't in a potable water system.

I wonder what the H&Safety would have to say regarding wiped joints in to days world. Burning myself on a daily basis whilst "Trying"to learning the skill
has turned into a waste of time. Although not the preferred method, has come in handy over the years and saved a few folk replumbing the whole house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to do wiped joint in lead waste pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a...
Replies
Views
Some pictures first to illustrate my Question (I understand as new poster I can't yet put them in direct). Outside picture: Photo by Roy_6666...
Replies
Views
J
First post... here goes: We've acquired a second hand but lovely old sink which I've been tasked with plumbing in. The existing waste (plug/hole)...
Replies
Views
M
I'm reading more and more threads where plumbers and heating engineers have never heard of techniques or never come across certain materials or...
Replies
Views
Mike Jackson
M
P
Hi, fixing a copper pipe to lead pipe involves a 'wiped joint'. But how do you do a wiped joint properly? thanks.
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock