Search the forum,

Discuss How do i repressurise this?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul10590

If anybody fixes this problem you will have made my day.

Live in a flat wit this super duper (super ****) heat exchanging system?! The whole building has it. We don't have boilers or the like...Just this "work station"

As you can see from the picture, the pressure guage is at 0 so no heating for me. Plumber guy came today and repressurised but i had a leaky radiator, by time he left, pressure back down to 0. Now fixed the leaky radiator but I don't know how to repressurise this myself?!

I thought there is a valve or something should be near the bendy silver metal pipe?! But no.....Anybody know this super modern system? Because i want the old systems back :(

If it helps it's a work station compact at Home
img0187n.jpg

img0188k0.jpg

Have you got a hose for this? You need to connect the blue valve on the far left (cold water) to the blue valve on the right (heating return). On both of these valves I can see some plastic screw on caps, do you have a hose to connect them together?

Nope no hose, the plumber came today. I should have watched what he did. But he had it over and done with in 5 mins. Oh how i hate myself for not watching, i normally do but i thought, no, ill let him get on and not get under his feet :'(

What's that long silver hose connected to that goes from the heating return to top of boiler

OK. Here is what you do. Find the biggest hammer you can get;). Just kidding. Looks to me like the unmarked valve just to the left of the heating flow (third one in) is the filling link. I wouldn't know definately unless I was there but that is where I would start.

Ring the plumber and ask him how he re pressurised the system
Can't tell from the pics

Plumber refuses to tell me or come out again without additional cost... :mad:

"Have you got a hose for this? You need to connect the blue valve on the far left (cold water) to the blue valve on the right (heating return). On both of these valves I can see some plastic screw on caps, do you have a hose to connect them together?"

i think you're right, the two valves have black marker pen "X" on them both as if to say connect these two. The caps do come off too....Haven't got the hose, it looks as though a simple hose/ring piece from B&Q would do. Do i just connect them both up, open the valves and it transfers the water by itself between the 2???

Wait, i've got the hose to connect the two together, do i just connect it and open the valves or do i need to turn something on like the pump or something???

Connect the hose between the two and turn the black knob on the left hand valve until the pressure gets to 1.5 bar

Plumber refuses to tell me

did you pay him? surely if you paid him he has to at least tell you what he did for your money?
for all you know he might have stood there picking his nose for 5 minutes.:p

Thanks Chrisgy, that worked as in the pressure is now up to 1.5bars. But still no heating?! So confused. thermostat up, pump turns on, pump makes some humming and gets extremely hot?? But the radiators don't get warm. I have 4 radiators, bled 3 and hot water came out. Bled another and no water comes out at all, no hissing or air?? Just doesn't do anything...not sure if that is related to the problem?

Any other suggestions? Is it possible the pump is air locked or something? I have no idea how to un-airlock it if it is?

did you pay him? surely if you paid him he has to at least tell you what he did for your money?
for all you know he might have stood there picking his nose for 5 minutes.:p

I live in an apartment block whereby thamesweyenergy service the system, pay them a monthly maintenance charge. They get in their own engineers. I rang them to ask for manual and/or what he did. They said that information would cost me money. Ha! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do i repressurise this?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock