Discuss How do I refill the boiler? - Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you can have my address:

c/o

will Colchester Zoo do? This place (home that is) has been a bit like this for a while.

Many thanks again. I know where to come in future. Found this site on a general search, same as I did looking for step-by-step instr's on how to change a dimmer switch to an ordinary one. I'm learning something new every day.

It's great on here.

So I am also having a problem F22 + F28. Bar was near end so opened the values and it went up, boiler started working now it's gone off again with error F28.

Hi,

I have this boiler, but don't have any valves that I can see underneath to refill to get the pressure up like they have in previous posts - the manual just tells me to add water but I cannot see how? Any idea if this is something you need to do from the controls? (Just bought a house with this boiler and it the hot water has stopped a week in - oh joy!)

Thanks,

Chris

Hello there. I've got the same problem but I can't find any taps to turn that are attached to my boiler. The pipes go down behind the cupboards and I can't access them without tearing up the kitchen (it's a rental property, so I'm not really likely to tear up the kitchen on a whim.

However, there are pipes going into the boiler, some of which look like they may have fittings for a tap, which just isn't there. I don't want to go screwing and unscrewing things blindly, so any advice would be much appreciated. I've attached pictures of the underside of the boiler so that ye all know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Pat.

photo.JPGIMG_10.jpg

Have a look in the cupboard underneath the boiler,there may be a fill loop fitted in the back of it or underneath it behind the kick board.

Thanks for your response. I'm getting a bit frustrated sitting round here with no heating or hot water. However, when I empty the cupboard it's all sealed up. As is the kick board. In the cupboard under the sink there's just the stopcock for the water. Might it be anywhere else? Or can I do anything with those pipes I have a picture of?

Have a look in the cupboard underneath the boiler,there may be a fill loop fitted in the back of it or underneath it behind the kick board.

It is a metal braided hose with normally black handled valves connected on either end that you are looking for. Try the other kitchen cupboards, failing that any other cupboards in the house. Do you have an upstairs cupboard that may have at one time contained a hot water cylinder? It's unlikely but the filler could be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I refill the boiler? - Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In January 2018 we had a new diverter valve fitted to our Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 by an official Vaillant repairman. After this we had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice on problems I’ve had with a combi boiler. I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 831 serving 4 radiators and 1 towel rad plus...
Replies
Views
S
Hello everybody! I rent a house with a Vaillant Ecotec pro combi boiler installed. I live in Brussels, not UK. Last year I had low pressure up to...
Replies
Views
SteVen_200984
S
Hi all, newbie here requesting advice please. Having had my first combi boiler installed recently to replace a 30 year old traditional system I am...
Replies
Views
R
Hi My boiler (vaillant ecotec pro 28) is giving f22 message. The manual (and this forum) tells me that it needs to be refilled but I'm struggling...
Replies
Views
robboplumber
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock