Discuss hi there. new guy question. emergency advice needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Simpson

hi any chance could get a bit of advice please. changed two radiators today. and after filling up and bleeding all seemed fine. no leaks. then whent out for about an hour and half and came back to a cold house. stat in front room calls for heat but nothing happens at boiler end? but have dhw???? checked pump and seems fine. dont know what to do? cold house and poorley lad. any adfvice guys
thanx in advance

are the rest of the radiators fine ??? could be more air in the actull pipework leading to the radiators? did u open the TRVs fully and the lockshield valve???

close the TRV & lockshield, disconnect the nut between radiator and TRV get a pot under it and open TRV for about 10 seconds! do the same with the lockshield!
Make sure the pumps running while doing this?

sorry ive just re-read this, is the boiler not firing up for ch??

thank. forgot to mention its a heatline solarice 30 pc and think its something to do with wireless thermostat/clock

Last edited by a moderator:
is the new radiator installed close to this? if you think its this, remove the link in the boiler try it with just the boiler controls.

works with boiler timer clock. i had a similar problem with this last year but cant remember how i resolved it. think i called a guy in . changed batteries in room stat. . all rads are fully open with trv's.

works with boiler timer clock. i had a similar problem with this last year but cant remember how i resolved it. think i called a guy in . changed batteries in room stat. . all rads are fully open with trv's.

then the room stat is most likely your problem...

thanx for your help. much apreciated. i'm more anoyed with my self really for buying such a naff boiler. but suppose i can only go on peoples advice and maybe i listned to the wrong people.
thanx again
rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hi there. new guy question. emergency advice needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock