Discuss Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Just been called out to a job, CWSC leaking from Hep tank connector. I have no hope of getting another connector now so thinking of isolating the tank to get the mains back on.

Problem is the tank is fed by what looks like 15mm steel pipe - can I use standard ISO valves on it or a speed fit stop tap?

If it's stainless steel any compression fitting will do, but never use pushfit fittings on anything other than plastic or copper pipe. Stainless steel will destroy your cutters so use a junior hacksaw and file the burr.

If its steel pipe, trace it back to a coupling and join it with a male to female coupling. Easiest would be to freeze it. Can't you bung the tank outlet? Stick a carrot in it if you don't have a bung and/or tie up the ball valve?

Cheers guys, thinking of tying up the ball valve - got a 15mm compression tank connector so gonna try that first.

Tied ball valve up in the end. CWSC was leaking as there was a small split by the connector!

Cheers for the prompt replies though guys - never dealt with steel pipe before!

just use your silicone ,take old one out and silicone it and re fit ,worked for me many times !

just use your silicone ,take old one out and silicone it and re fit ,worked for me many times !

A previous engineer had tried that before. Also the Hep tank connectors are bigger then the 15mm that I had so it wouldn't hold (I did try)!

New tank will be put in next week now, and at least they've got mains water now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of...
Replies
Views
Z
I'm trying to remove the zone valve ion vented tank and the tank started leaking around the joint. I was hoping to just run the tank with...
Replies
Views
zacwithleak
Z
Hi All, I have a leaking drain valve off the CW inlet on a Range Cylinder. Am I right in thinking I have to empty the Cylinder below the CW inlet...
Replies
Views
newbie184
N
This is doing my head in, so I am turning to the experts here for any wisdom... In the last couple of days I have very low cold water pressure in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back