Discuss Help Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simon bond

Hello there,

We recently had a new bathroom installed, we think there may be an issue with the overflow pipe underneath the bath. The reason being last night the wife was in the bed and she always fills it nearly right to the top, i heard water flowing in the kitchen thought it was the kitchen sink at first then looked up and a flow of water coming from the ceiling above the extractor. The wife got out of the bath and we cleaned the leaking water up with some towels, and emptied the bath there was no leaking when the waste bath water was on it's way out. I have also let the sink run, checked no leaking. Also this morning i filled the bath halfway just underneath the twisty plug, no leaking also emptied no leaking. Does anyone think this could be a crack in the overflow pipe?, i did notice the actual plug is twisting all the way now instead of halfway to closing the plug and opening the plug. And that it may need to be screwed back on. Typical of the wife to choose a washboard for the bath instead of a normal bath panel which means we will have to remove the washboard to check the overflow pipe underneath.

Comments most welcome.

It's a common place for a leak. Depending on the quality of the bath waste it may just need a quick tighten up by hand. Check the walls around the bath don't have any water marks while the panel is off, if there are marks the seal between the bath and tiles may need checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
For over a week the kitchen sink is leaking water from what I think is called tundish ( I thought is was called overflow but little google search...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock