Discuss Help! Does this look right? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you used wc and stood in the room under all the pipe work over your head just see it now lying in bed and you hear last nights dogy take away runing over your head love it get that plumber and stick a ppe up his erm well i cant say on here lol

100% improvement and in the real world stacks going straight down all the way is some times not possible.
and considering the limited options it looks like you have to run the soil pipe I would say it is probably the best you are going to get with it.

your plumber really seems to have a bit of a fetish with elbows, no need for them above the tee
the elbows are there to ofset out infront of the tiles which obviously overhang the wall and above top branch they dont need to be 45s
i would be concerned about the length of the run through the building has it got sufficent fall i would have brought the bathroom end out through the roof as a extra vent and run up above the windows you could have probably got away with a two inch vent
as some one else has said rules sometimes need to be bent a bbit to get jobs done in the real world

they dont need to be 45s

...but 90s look cr*p, surely a couple of m+f 135s glued into place would've given just enough offset to clear?

And as the drains are adequately vented by the stack on the side of the house why not do away with the vent at the end altogether, just have a durgo inside?

wouldn't it have been a better and a cheaper option to install a macerator to deal with the waste? also the length of waste inside the roof looks way too long and not a sufficient fall to be effective over such a distance, also i do not see any access/rodding points which would be a good idea given the length.

Thanks to everyone for their constructive (or otherwise) comments.
For us this new arrangement works for the moment at least so we are going to stick with it and make sure we can get access into the roof space in case we get any problems.
What is interesting is there seems to be no standard way to do this (look at all the different options offered in this thread) so whether you get a decent job or not depends entirely on the professionalism and integrity of the individual plumber. I'm sure loads of plumbers are absolute diamonds but ours seems like a bit of a lemon to us (soil pipe, buggered up the pressure on a new boiler, cant seem to fit a shower properly) so he wont be getting our next job.
Thanks once again, didn't think these forums worked but helped us a lot
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! Does this look right? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock