Search the forum,

Discuss Hello 2 everyone!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunter2k

Just like to say a big hello to everyone on this great forum. What a find!! i must say when googling . I have been reading the forums for the past week as a guest and i was so overwhelmed by the information members shared to help one another i wanted to join :)

I am 35 years old and i have been in the food and printing industry as Electronic & Software Engineer for over 12 years, its time in my life i want a change of careers. I have hands on experience with various tools as i was a field based engineer doing various installs.( so i wasn't a bum, pen pusher lol :D ) I also have experience in pipe bending and soldering, hence my interest in the field of gas engineer. My electronic background has helped in the past as I have repaired Vaillant and Glowworm printed circuit boards for friends and family.

I am looking to apply for a BPEC Gas Foundation Course which starts in September 2010. This course is directed at mature persons and one of the conditions, is the candidate must be able to access regular work experience with a Gas Safe registered installer. I would really appreciate if someone could kindly take me on for 1 or 2 days a week, so i can gain experience. if anyone of you gents on this forum want an extra pair of hand for free. I live in Peterborough (Cambs) and willing to work with someone in the surrounding areas aswell upto 40miles radius.

anyhow enough of my rants, Just would like to say keep up the good work. its being highly appreciated ;)

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk hunter2k. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Hello from cardiff wales. I am 64 years young and enjoying my retirement well almost ! until the plumbing or central heating causes problems:confused:

I am hopeless as a DIY person and have to depend on my neighbour for fixing things in the house.The forum will encourage me to have a go at analysing and perhaps fixing some plumbing "disasters". At the moment I am worried that my 30 year old baxi bermuda back boiler system will give up the ghost and I will be lumbered with some hefty expense in installing a condensing combi.

Bachu

Hello from cardiff wales. I am 64 years young and enjoying my retirement well almost ! until the plumbing or central heating causes problems:confused:

I am hopeless as a DIY person and have to depend on my neighbour for fixing things in the house.The forum will encourage me to have a go at analysing and perhaps fixing some plumbing "disasters". At the moment I am worried that my 30 year old baxi bermuda back boiler system will give up the ghost and I will be lumbered with some hefty expense in installing a condensing combi.

Bachu

hello there, welcome to forum. You will find lots of good advice. The first being BTW I hope you were not thinking of installing a new boiler
Cheers
Jack

@Bachu

Listen to the experts on here, anything to do with gas related in my book is a big NO! shouldn't be messed about with, not even an attempt.

Like Jack said:

You will find lots of good advice. The first being BTW I hope you were not thinking of installing a new boiler
Cheers
Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello 2 everyone!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock