Discuss Flexi-hose inlet to toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Is it classed as a 'bodge' or lazy to use an isolating flexi-hose for the water inlet to toilet cistern, I keep seeing these but I've never done it this way myself.
Thanks for any replys.

i don't like them myself think they look ugly.
providing you fit it with no nasty kinks in the flexi it will be ok.

I use them often with no problems. Rarely, a customer will say she doesn't want one and prefers copper piping. It's obviously a matter of taste! Most people don't concern themselves much with what goes on under the toilet cistern as long as it works! They've been used in most places on the continent for many years, and certainly do save time.

A technical advantage with a flexi-hose is that it does not subject the plastic inlet tail to any stresses that might make it leak or be difficult to get a watertight joint, especially if the tail is not quite aligned with the connector. Sometimes wc cisterns drop a bit (especially on modern ticky-tacky walls) which can put stresses on a rigid all-copper inlet joint.

A further advantage is that the sealing system provided with the flexi-hoses I use is much more reliable and easy to fit than the usual fibre washer on a rigid connector. This is especially true with the plastic valve inlet tails now common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexi-hose inlet to toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, thanks for your time reading this! We have noticed a leak appearing from the built-in toilet in our main bathroom that's spreading...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
The inlet valve bottom entry to toilet cistern developed a drip that flowed under toilet and dampened grout on tiles. Initially I could not...
Replies
Views
Hi my toilet is leaking both from the water inlet and from the existing copper piping. I'm usually quite handy and many many years ago, I replaced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock