Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fixing Basin and Bog To Tiled Wall & Floor Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmadman

Hi All

I'm installing my new bathroom suite and was wondering the best way to go about it. The walls and floor have been tiled.

The basin is large with a ped, I was going to use something like the Fisher basin fixers to the wall but still unsure about the ped, also the modern (close coupled) bog that is supplied with fixings for the floor...???

Here are my questions.........!!!

1. Do I stick the basin to the wall with silicone or just seal around it?

2. Do I stick the basin to the ped, with what?

3. Do I stick the ped to the tiled floor or just seal around it, with what?

4. Do I stick the bog to the tiled floor or just seal around it, with what?

5. I have heard of "plumbers mate", is this what I use between the basin and ped?

Many thanks...

Cheers........:)

1. Do I stick the basin to the wall with silicone or just seal around it?
no use proper fixings then seal around it
2. Do I stick the basin to the ped, with what?
nothing
3. Do I stick the ped to the tiled floor or just seal around it, with what?
just seal around it
4. Do I stick the bog to the tiled floor or just seal around it, with what?
use proper fixings,then seal around it
5. I have heard of "plumbers mate", is this what I use between the basin and ped?
plumbers mate is goo,avoid

That's great many thanks, my only worry especially with the bog was any movement of the two ceramics (bog on tiles) grinding together....!!!

if fixed properly there will be no movement between toilet and tiles. which way do the fixing holes go in the loo? you can get fischer fixings for either type, L shape bracket for sideways holes and just screws and plugs for downwards holes.

I always bed loos on tiles onto silicone since floors always seem uneven and the loo can rock.
basin fix to wall and seal round.
pedestal put on floor and seal round.
basin to pedestal do nothing.

When i served my time we used to "bed" the wc's with a bucket of mortar.
Seemingly however, that can cause them to crack but i never ever saw or heard of one doing so.

When i served my time we used to "bed" the wc's with a bucket of mortar.
Seemingly however, that can cause them to crack but i never ever saw or heard of one doing so.

ah yes the old bucket of muck trick I think most of us have come across one of these I have replaced many and found an assortment of mixtures used in this process including...
sharp /ballast/prompt cement and good old bonding plaster some good some not so good
might I suggest looking at 365 drills .com and watch some of this equipment in action:) good luck regards turnpin

Do not stick anything to anything, and do not use plumbers mait for anything either!

Use fisher bolts for fixing the basin to the wall (check its masonry first!) - and big stylee screws with fisher raw plugs for the rest.

I have come across a few bogs cemented to the floor - I thought it was builders being lazy myself . . .

Pain in the ars it is - at least some excercise for my 6KG SDS monster though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing Basin and Bog To Tiled Wall & Floor Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock