Search the forum,

Discuss Firebird combi 90, burner not firing when DHW is turned on if CH switch is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vhooda

Hi, my 6 yr old firbird combi has had a new heat exchanger 6 months back and had to change the flow switch 6 weeks back when it burst and started leaking water. All was well untill I started putting CH on last week. Once the CH has come on the boiler firing sequence seems to get disturbed even if there is no CH but the switch is in on position (its got a manual 24hr timer and it only comes on in the night for couple of hrs.)

Normally, once I open a DHW tap the fan starts almost straight away follwed by burner within 30 secs. If the CH has been on in the night the firing sequence does not happen in morning, there is a audible click when I turn the tap on followed by fan after about 2 mins or so (later then usual) and that continues untill the hot water starts turning lukewarm. The burner does eventually come on after 5 mins or so but then it cannot make up for the lost time and I have to close the tap for about 5 mins before it builds up it store and turns hot again.

If however, I turn the central heating off and restart the boiler it returns to its normal firing sequence untill CH is turned on at some point.

Also I have noticed the CH can turn luke warm when the burner is not firing along with the DHW i.e if dhw and ch are on at the same time.

Only thing I can remember is that when the flow switch started leaking water it made all the wirings in the control box wet and I had to dry out everything before restarting 6 weeks back.

Another thing, there is a small drip of kerosene ( 1 drop in 6 seconds) from somewhere around the burner, it seems to be dripping from the pump. Also I am not sure how much you should read into my correlation of CH switch in on position and change in firing sequence. I can see that sometimes just by switching the boliler off and restarting seems to correct the sequence. But it only gets screwed again only when the CH has come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird combi 90, burner not firing when DHW is turned on if CH switch is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock