Discuss draining in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andekoch

what do you use to drain systems when you have to eg hot water cylinder to change the night element or CH to add a new rad.
getting fed up waiting for gravity to do its thing. did a HW element change the other day and took ages due to all the scale in the bottom of the tank, eventually used the wet and dry vac (taped the hose ontht the drain off point).
am considering a drill powered pump to save emptying the vac.

i use a garden hose pipe. i do.

thought about using a compressor once or twice too.

andekoch , i would by a drill pump anyway only about £7 from car part shops they come in very handy .

never had to change an element, no hard water here, good old hose and powerfull lungs do the trick took bout 40 minutes for a small tank last time i did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to draining in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a leaking drain valve off the CW inlet on a Range Cylinder. Am I right in thinking I have to empty the Cylinder below the CW inlet...
Replies
Views
newbie184
N
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock