Search the forum,

Discuss damp proof membrane behind radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaunsinky

ive came across a problem as the house i had removed radiators from to let the customer redecorate, found rising damp in the walls.
the company have stripped the plaster and put up a membrane to stop the damp coming through,
they are in the middle of plastering over the membrane but they are now saying that if i penetrate the membrane with screw/bolts to rehang the radiators i will make the warranty invalid.
has anyone came across anything similar, or think of any ways on how to overcome it

that was the solution i came up with, but i wasnt sure if i had to use some special type of silicon. meeting up with the boss tomorrow so ill find out better, thanks for the reply

If any probs in future your going to get the blame! Even if the damp is on the ceiling in adjacent room! Damp tracked round from screw holes!!!!!!!

Stick a peice of ply to the wall and mount on to that

Stick it in using sticks like **** or something like that

Wait for 6 weeks until plaster dry or it will come unstuck!

Free standing rads?

Get DPC company to fix rads brackets as they should have thought of this when specifying solution!

I'd be passing options to owner otherwise any problems come back on you, but DPC company are trying their luck a bit imho.

ive came across a problem as the house i had removed radiators from to let the customer redecorate, found rising damp in the walls.
the company have stripped the plaster and put up a membrane to stop the damp coming through,
they are in the middle of plastering over the membrane but they are now saying that if i penetrate the membrane with screw/bolts to rehang the radiators i will make the warranty invalid.
has anyone came across anything similar, or think of any ways on how to overcome it

Just wondering where the damp is coming from? Is this a solid wall with damp coming from outside, then why didn't they seal the wall on the outside? IMO putting the membrane in the room means you still have a damp wall with crappy u-value, just don't get the actual dampness inside the room.

Have seen in the past where a larger than necessary hole was drilled and then filled with a substance from membrane company. When set this was drilled and plugged to allow screw fastening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to damp proof membrane behind radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could provide some guidance dealing with a very difficult situation I'm in. Some of you helped me with another issue (broken drain pipe) here: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/94058-broken-cracked-sewerage-pipe-garden-options.html#post913865 It's...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of it. I was called by a landlord to do a gas safety check on a property that is now at the latter stages of being sold and the buyers wanted the usual...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
R
Hi there Can you please help - our builder seems to have little knowledge of buildings regulations so we are struggling with our extension/conversion. We are converting part of an internal garage plus existing room into a new kitchen. Problem is there are 2 different floor heights for the new...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Guys Hoping someone can help. Apologies in advance for the long email, and if I have posted in the wrong place. I rented out my 2 bed bungalow when I moved abroad 2 years ago. The current tenant has just left and I have appointed a new letting agent. The agent got one of their contractors...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock