Discuss combi boiler and unvented cylinder in one system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

My customer got a new combi boiler and they would like to add a new unvented hot water cylinder to the system. Is this possible? Can they run the combi boiler as a system boiler? And if so how do I plumb the cylinder into the system? The only way I could think of is if I cup-off the hot water out let from the boiler and tee off the primaries to the cylinder coil with a motorised valve + programmer. What do you think?

I had a combi and cylinder at my last house. The DHW from the combi supplied the kitchen sink and cloaks wash basin the cylinder supplied the bathroom. This way you get instant water for the sink but plenty of stored water for the bath and shower.

Why do they want an unvented cylinder? Is the combi too small to provide sufficient hot water for their needs or did they select the wrong type of boiler? The whole point of a combi is to remove the need for a cylinder.

I guess you could include one on a branch from the primaries but you will have to be careful to get the controls right. I think you still need some basins connected to the hot water side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi boiler and unvented cylinder in one system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock