Search the forum,

Discuss Clearing a boiler flu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajf01923

All

Any key points &/or suggestion on how to successfully clear out a boiler flu?

Thanks

Yes there is a simple solution - Get a regitered gas operative to carry out the work - A 15 year old girl died today from carbon monoxide poisoning - It's not worth the risk
Steve

Plumbnuts is 100% right , if you dont know how to clear the flue (or spell it) , you certainly do not know what is causing the problem in the first place .

posts like this, will result in untrained unqualified people getting the impression that they can do jobs that are illegal to carry out and also beyond their ability, that could leave them with potentially deadly results

bad language and racial insults can be moderated why can't numpties like this

All - point taken - surprising as I’m going by the manufacturers recommendations/suggestions. Thx & noted
Leakylea - Very brave to hide behind your keyboard. Please keep YOUR insults to yourself. Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up being brave along time ago, if i insulted you, then i apologise.
The brave thing to do though, would be to face up to any training requirements that you may or may not feel you need, and get the qualifications under your belt. if i can be of any further assistance to you please let me know,

I suppose one of the strange things about gas servicing is that you usually make a mental song out of your checklist that goes through your thoughts as you service the appliance. One note off key alerts you to something being wrong. Its getting the checklist into your head that most DIY's don't bother with, simply because they may never have to service gas appliances again.

Incidentally manufacturers instructions take precedent over British Standards, but not Gas or Bldg Regs. Although in practise what it tells you in the manufacturers instructions usually says the same in British Standards. You revert to the Standards if you can't find the manufacturers instructions.

However BS cost a bomb. You could try your central library if you get stuck and live in a big town. They usually have them, but take a pen and paper they don't usually let you photocopy them but you can write them down.
Its always been a puzzle to me, why British Standards are so dear. I know they have research costs but what a price! They should be free in the interests of safety. Perhaps Gordon could give them a few bob to cover costs?

most of the British Standards free to view online now
go online and visit your local libary website

for me its essex libary website

Instant access to British Standards

type in your libary card number, then it takes you to the BSI website and you search for one you want ie "bs 5440 2008"
and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Clearing a boiler flu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock