Search the forum,

Discuss Can you help identify the jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I am trying to identify a jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal which I suspect is leaking. Unfortunately I cannot get to the actual bath to investigate myself a common problem at the moment I think. The owner has supplied pictures of the bath, plug seal and seal / O ring. At the moment we just want to get the bath to hold water so she can have a hot bath. My main suspect is the seal ring which looks like an O-ring but may be something more complicated which has been damaged. Water drains as fast as it goes in.

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 11

Hi Shaun,
thank you for your suggestion, It never really occurred to me that this was an option. I used to work in the oil field drilling business and ran equipment that had to seal against 20000 psi and so became very cautious about O - ring usage and would never have considered glue joints. But what’s the worst that can happen in this case? I loose the water down the drain.
I take it Nitrile rubber is fairly soft and a generous size of cord could be used in this instance
thanks again
Paul

Correct you will need to find the correct size oring but tbh it’s cheap enough to get an either size eg for 7mm eg 6,7 and 8mm least you can have a play

I had to make one for a old unknown toilet frame flush pipe leaking from install used gorilla super glue to make the join

Attachments

• D6C1C533-82CD-4226-8C24-8DD9606010E0.jpeg
    D6C1C533-82CD-4226-8C24-8DD9606010E0.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Can you help identify the jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock