Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch Worcester 25si/28si - help no heat or water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jocb

Hello , i do hope there is someone out there who can help - its getting colder by the minute in here. A week ago i bled my radiators and topped up the boiler and all was well until tonight when my daughter went for a shower - there was no hot water. when i checked the boiler the central heating demand button was flashing slowly red. I pressed the reset button and can hear the boiler trying to ignite but it wont. I have read up and it would seem that the first port of call would be to defrost a condensate tube - i cant seem to find anything that matches the decription of 'plastic pipe coming from the bottom of the boiler and exiting the building'! anything under the boiler is copper. I do have a flue that exits the house from the rear of the boiler - its a few inches in diameter - is it likely to be that?
Anyway , if any of you have any hints or tips they would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks JOCB

Your boiler isnt a condenseing one, so It wont have a condense pipe.

Blackcatgas that would make sense - thank you for that, i shall stop looking for one :)

Blackcatgas thanks, I have tried that - the boiler sounds like it is trying to ignite but doesnt, then after 4 or five attempts the light begins flashing again.

Which light is flashing? how many lights are flashing?
(Ive got the 28si manual in front of me btw)

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for persisting with this Blackcatgas,
the light that is flashing is the central heating demand indicator, it is flashing red , slowly. There is a green light present (on the mains electricity indicator) and there are no other lights on

"Lock out" Press the reset for at least 1 second, (which you probably have been doing), have you got a pre payment gas meter? has it run out of credit?.Has somone accidently knocked the lever on the gas meter unlikely I know but just check.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been and checked the lever - and to make sure lit the gas burners on the oven for a few minutes to make sure gas was coming in, all is ok there. i am not on a prepayment card so i know its not that.
pressin the reset button now causes no change whatso ever unless i hold it for approx 10 seconds when the light goes out and then immediately its flashing red again, there is no trying to reignite either. ho hum, thank for trying

i have the manual here, i have tried tha reset button now to no avail, thanks for your help

and i am only a beginner DIY - er at that!! Have got the blankets and hot water bottles at the ready, thanks xx

:pI didint suggest that you suggested that he mends it himself.

You are going to need a gas safe engineer, You cant replace parts unless you are suitably qualified. I have just looked up the price for a gas valve for the 24si,it is around ÂŁ120 +vat .

I have been and checked the gas lever and that is on , i ran the gas burners on the stove for a while to make sure it was coming through.
I am not on a pre pay meter , so i know its not that.
Ho hum thanks for trying

Blackcatgas and Plumbcrazy56, guys thanks for all your help and input on this. I will have to bite the bullet and call in an engineer , yes i am in no way qualified for this one! I do appreciate the time you have given me. Thank you both

Blackcatgas and Plumbcrazy56, guys thanks for all your help and input on this. I will have to bite the bullet and call in an engineer , yes i am in no way qualified for this one! I do appreciate the time you have given me. Thank you both

Let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch Worcester 25si/28si - help no heat or water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock