Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesyGoosey1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can someone remind me what dt we should be looking for across a plate heat exchanger flow and return (to determine if it's blocked ) can't remeber for the life of me thanks

well you'll not be getting any hot water out your tap for starters

Normally flow & return get untouchable hot, the boilers cuts out etc... Water at tap is got cold hot because of this etc... Not sure of exact temperature differentials!

I seem to remeber 15 -20 degrees is fine any thing above 20 shows signs of restriction but wanted confirmation that was all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Morning Guys, I have a Worcester 230 Combi in a rental property that is going to overheat lockout after a couple of minutes on DHW, no issue when on CH but if DHW is called for when heating is on same fault occurs. System is clean as always had inhibitor so unlikely to be a blocked heat...
Replies
Views
Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums. I can't get a hacksaw blade in between the wall and the plate and I can't get any thin windscreen cutter wire in as there is no gap. I don't really...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a Geberit UP720 frame. The frame says depth 8cm. (There's also the UP320 frame, which I guess is 12cm.) We are looking at Geberit flush plates, e.g., Sigma10. Sometimes we read that UP720 is compatible with Sigma flushplats. However, sometimes flush plats are also advertised...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just tried to repair a very old Mira 8 shower unit. However, when trying to remove the brass cover plate it's completely scaled up and it won't budge any ideas on how to free it up. We did think about trying to heat up the bass cover plate but we are concerned about the silver outer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in the image. Boiler was installed 27 months ago. Baxi is claiming 13.3 litres @ DT 30. I set the boiler DHW temperature to a high setting. I was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock