Discuss BDR91 wiring in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5isalive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just wondering how people wire these.

The installation manual

http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/bdr91-instal-50034510-uk07r1009.pdf

seems to have the wiring as Spur- BDR91-Boiler with power to the boiler getting passed through the BDR91 rather than straight off the spur.

In reality the boiler always seems to be wired off the spur and the BDR also off the spur or off the boiler. Honeywell technical wanted it wired as per the diagram obviously.

Does anyone think it'll make much difference?

Have a sparky coming out to install a spur for a Boiler/ Honeywell One Zone on Monday and would like to sort out how we're going to do it.

Installed an ATAG E32ECX (IPX4 rated) in a bathroom. The plan originally was putting an IP rated fused spur in the bathroom for the boiler.
Now weve got the Honeywell The BDR91 is not adequately protected for a bathroom so would need waterproof container. Therefore plan is now to put the spur and the BDR91 in the kitchen (on the other side of the wall to the boiler). Then run the cables to the boiler.

well done on the ATAG, think isolator should be next to boiler, just put receiver in kichen, does it modulate burner ? have you put WC in ?

Atag is beautiful piece of engineering. Really enjoyed putting it in.

Still waiting for pc to get the wc sensor in. Not put controls on yet so just temp control on front panel.

Re modulation I just put wc on an Intergas and set up the heat curve with their diagnostic software on the computer. You could see that modulate in real time.
Expected flow temp.
Actual flow temp
Outside temp.
Expected Fan speed
Actual fan speed

No return temp tho

Receiver get power from boiler then?

Do you know if there are any of these Atag reps (techs) in Scotland Dancin or do they not come over the wall. Never seen one or spoken to any one who has.

Do you know if there are any of these Atag reps (techs) in Scotland Dancin or do they not come over the wall. Never seen one or spoken to any one who has.
Graham Samuel I think Tamz, on fb group Gasbook

well done on the ATAG, think isolator should be next to boiler, just put receiver in kichen, does it modulate burner ? have you put WC in ?

Went to put wc on on Friday. Put heating on and Burner was modulating much more than I thought it would. I'm not sure if it learns data about the system and uses it for future modulation or just modulates in real time. The latter I assume. Wc Curve is much easier to adjust than with the intergas. Would love to know if you can and how to bypass the deaeration cycle. Tried the two top buttons like on the economisers but no joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BDR91 wiring in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Moved in to 1980s bungalow in the last year. Doing renovations and manging things myself (I'm a qualified sparky -- clueless about plumbing...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock