Discuss Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitting another tomorrow.

They seemed to have changed the blow off design on the netatecs already. It's now on the left.

wish they would put the pressure gauge on the front its stupid under the boiler same place as the old puma

wish they would put the pressure gauge on the front its stupid under the boiler same place as the old puma
Yep I agree, does not look good. Also the front panel doesn't fit very well and could do with been better quality, really bad on duotec.

Yep I agree, does not look good. Also the front panel doesn't fit very well and could do with been better quality, really bad on duotec.

is there a big difference in price between the duotec2 and netatec on say a 28kw?

is there a big difference in price between the duotec2 and netatec on say a 28kw?
Not sure, I fitted a 40 kw duotec the other day , it was about ÂŁ900 I think.
The 24kw Neta is about ÂŁ600 ish and the 28 is about ÂŁ650 ish inc.
Not fitted any other duotecs.

Think it's the 5 year guarantee that is selling them at the moment, not sure what I will be fitting next year when that runs out.

yes probably as you know you only get 2 years with the mk1 and thats if your in the worx scheme,saying that i have loads of 6 year old platinum's with the 5 year warranty never seen heatteam then some the fan has died on swings and roundabouts i suppose

I will see who offers a 5 year warranty and take it from there.
Got to say I do like the netatec though, small, cheap and built by baxi.

out of fifthteeen fitted twelve have had various problems, inlet test point is really hard to get to, washers pack are slighty oversized so really difficult to fit when fitted to minium height to surface, gas valve problems diverter problems won't waste anymore time on them anymore!

out of fifthteeen fitted twelve have had various problems, inlet test point is really hard to get to, washers pack are slighty oversized so really difficult to fit when fitted to minium height to surface, gas valve problems diverter problems won't waste anymore time on them anymore!
I read the instruction and follow what the rep told me, maybe I have been lucky but I think these are a really good boiler.
Think I am on about 10 now.
Please list all the faults you have had.
One thing for sure this is not just a plug in and play boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
have fitted one and had problems with it,customer supplyed boiler because of 5 year waranty baxi wont honour that now because i didnt register with works first there was nothing supplyed with the boiler to tel me this . do me and the customer feel like weve had our pants pulled down =yes . these boilers and baxi support are crap,worster all the way for me.

have fitted one and had problems with it,customer supplyed boiler because of 5 year waranty baxi wont honour that now because i didnt register with works first there was nothing supplyed with the boiler to tel me this . do me and the customer feel like weve had our pants pulled down =yes . these boilers and baxi support are crap,worster all the way for me.
What problem did you have.

couldnt get it out of chimney sweep mode press the 2 buttons and display kept going back to 303 80, after spending about 50 mins on the phone to baxi and doing a re commition they said as it was working they would be round to look a week later, before week was up the customer had to phone them because heating hadnt come on they left him with no paperwork so dont know what was wrong.

couldnt get it out of chimney sweep mode press the 2 buttons and display kept going back to 303 80, after spending about 50 mins on the phone to baxi and doing a re commition they said as it was working they would be round to look a week later, before week was up the customer had to phone them because heating hadnt come on they left him with no paperwork so dont know what was wrong.
In my opinion most of the problems are the engineers fault for not reading the instructions.
I always run the hot tap and have the case fully on before I fire it up for the first time.
At the moment I have had no real faults and have now fitted quite a few.
I would say there a great boiler for the money.
Baxi really need to change the set up of these boilers as most plumbers do not read or follow the instructions.
Not really baxi fault but they will get slagged off on forums.
I do agree there is some minor things that need to be changed.
The washers are to big.
The pressure gauge is hard to see.
The control panel is not of the best quality and doesn't close very well.

Now compair this boiler to any other in the same price range, the Neta Tec is by far the best. Ferroli or a baxi ? Lol

Hi all, i am a commercial gas engineer and have just purchased one on the above boilers to be fitted in my home. Not sure if i am thinking i have done wrong...

Whats with the self commissioning?

I was talked into getting this by there rep in plumb in Manchester, got a 28kw, with flue kit and remote clock/stat for ÂŁ680, so was pretty impressed. Boiler looks simple and easy to work on (he had a demo there), 5 year gaurantee, next day call-out etc..

Any one any info about commissioning side, as that seems to be were the problems stem from.

Thanks in advance....

If you would like to ring me I can talk you though it. 01943876999
Tips.
Run hot tap all the time while setting up.
Make sure case is on do not start the boiler without case on.
Then just follow the instructions on the front.
I fitted a megaflow today and the set up is the same. Again I had no issues at all.
These boilers are very good. Most of the problems are installers not reading instructions or not following them.
Regards.

Thanks for the reply mate.

When are you available to talk. As i am not fitting until Sunday. Just downloaded the installation instructions and doesnt seem to bad. Just doesnt mention about running hot type while it is going through sequence.

When are you available to talk. As i am not fitting until Sunday. Just downloaded the installation instructions and doesnt seem to bad. Just doesnt mention about running hot type while it is going through sequence.
Ring me Sunday if you like. Really easy to fit. No it doesn't say about running hot tap but I was told too do it by the rep before I fitted any. I have now fitted about 10 or so now with no problems at all.

Very good boiler for the money.

Cheers mate, expect my call at some point.....

Going from a Baxi bemuda 100 lol...

So just hope this is 100 x better....

System will need a really good clean out, if I was you I would put some deposit remover in system and run it around with old boiler for a few days. Then fit a filter such as a TF1

X300 be good enough?

I am replacing a couple of radiators on thursday night so will add it then. How much will i need do you think? 10 Radiators on my system. Got no were to install a filter as all my pipework in wall so not accessible. Unless they can be installed within the boiler somewhere???

Will also be added x400 when i have finished install or is it not worth it?

Will also be added x400 when i have finished install or is it not worth it?
You don't really want to put all that muck in new boiler. I would flush it first and then just do hot and cold flush with new boiler in. I would make sure I had filter on return.

I didnt mean to write bumuda should have been bahama sorry.... Would you still use the diposit remover?

Changed a rad about 3 months ago and all that came out was a bit of black water, had no slugs in the rad at all... All the pipework in my house is plastic with 10mm ends to rads. Should it require that intense treatment? (not meaning to sound that i am not taking your advice just curious)

Changed a rad about 3 months ago and all that came out was a bit of black water, had no slugs in the rad at all... All the pipework in my house is plastic with 10mm ends to rads. Should it require that intense treatment? (not meaning to sound that i am not taking your advice just curious)
If its all plastic then you are right... Depends on system.. If there are any problems with water quality baxi will void warranty.

How will i know if the water quality is to there liking? As it must be a easy get our clause for them...

Think it changed a little ..in my head I was looking at an old baxi bbu with gravity water etc.. Now it's plastic pipe etc .. It cannot be that old then really.
Would still fit filter.

How will i know if the water quality is to there liking? As it must be a easy get our clause for them...
If you clean it and fit a filter then you will be fine.... They don't try and get out of things, but they will not cover it if is black sludge....

My house has been up for 11 years and was completely stripped out about 8 years ago due to internal walls falling down (another story). If i was to flush the system out on install and but some x400 in will that surface? As i have no were to install a TF1 filter, as all pipework is in walls or underfloors (8ftx4ft sheets upstairs).

You would put x100 in after not x400..
I would always advise on fitting a filter wer possible. If you are not able to fit one then so be it.....

X100 was what i was should of wrote (sorry miss type).

Would agree with a filter but just cant think were to install one. Dont forget i am used to having a big boiler room to install stuff in lol...

Do you have an airing cuboard ? Or could you install in a cuboard or under floor.

No airing cupboard, no access to any pipework accept at the boiler or at the radiators (only 10mm). Would have to start cutting boards upstairs to gain access to 1/2inch plastic pipe and i have no idea were it runs. Bloody joke new houses..

well,the clock has now had to be replaced as it was loosing 5 minutes per week.
on top of that, the error code 133 has emerged once again, 4 weeks after having a new valve fitted due to the same error code. this time however up to now, the boiler is fireing up, after useing the reset button, but it will not fire up automatically from the timer.
this boiler is now only 8 weeks old!!!

engineer has fitted yet another jet assembly!! it seems that they now recognise there is a problem with these valves, as they have had engineers over from italy, who have sonically tested the ones in stock, and i now have one of these.
whether it is a bad batch, or the tolerances are not up to scratch i do not know

Fitted one of these on monday. All seemed fine accept tonight were i have noticed that it doesn't want to modulate!!! Was modulating when fitted and all week (been observing it) Now in heating it just goes to 80 C cuts of then re-fires at 71 C. Any ideas heating-eng? WOuld have thought a PCB or may be gas valve. Commisioned with no problems.

Fitted one of these on monday. All seemed fine accept tonight were i have noticed that it doesn't want to modulate!!! Was modulating when fitted and all week (been observing it) Now in heating it just goes to 80 C cuts of then re-fires at 71 C. Any ideas heating-eng? WOuld have thought a PCB or may be gas valve. Commisioned with no problems.
i guess it works ok in hot water..yes . On the front of divertor valve there is a wire connection. Pull it off and reconnect.. See if that works.. Thanks.

the more i hear about the neta tecs the more i wont fit em,yes the heatmax has just 2 years warranty but lives longer it seems a boiler with many fickle problems (neta tec) but allens doing something right because all his installs work,read the mi,s anyone?

the more i hear about the neta tecs the more i wont fit em,yes the heatmax has just 2 years warranty but lines longer it seems a boiler with many fickle problems (neta tec) but allens doing something right because all his installs work,read the mi,s anyone?
Fitted 2 last week and again no problems, I haven't had to get baxi out once on about 13/14 boilers . The wire on divertor valve can catch on pull down flap and in turn pulls the wire out a bit, this means that the divertor stays in hot water only.

Thanks Allen, just done that and it seems to modulate now. Will keep an eye on it.

All i can say about these, is there are easy to fit, swapped from a bahama 100 and it only took 3 and half hours. Nice compact boiler and gives good flow hot water. Would def recommend to a friend. And good with a 5 year warranty...

Thanks Allen, just done that and it seems to modulate now. Will keep an eye on it.

All i can say about these, is there are easy to fit, swapped from a bahama 100 and it only took 3 and half hours. Nice compact boiler and gives good flow hot water. Would def recommend to a friend. And good with a 5 year warranty...
5 year warranty ends at end of month....then you need to pay extra for 5 year warranty.
I think there a really good boiler at a good price.

Yeah i know about warranty ending at end of december, good selling point for foreigners at the min though. I also got ÂŁ75 cash back.. Cheers for your help with this allen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A new Baxi duotec 28 was fitted in Dec 2017 and the installer has just told me today the old boiler had water heating of 3.1 kW. Is this why my...
Replies
Views
M
Installed a neta tec 33 yesterday and finally come to commision it last night at 8 oclock with no joy. Wouldnt fire up in the commisioning cycle...
Replies
Views
C
Afternoon everyone, I hope your weekends going well, If anyone has a sec to give a helping hand it would be greatly appreciated. I fitted a Baxi...
Replies
Views
COL_nottm
C
K
Hello Guys! I would like to tell you my story and ask a couple of cuestions!! Firstly I clearly understand your attitued to the foreigners, but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I went to service a 3 year old Baxi Duotec today, The heating has been off for 6 months. The hot water has been working fine untill I turned...
Replies
Views
E168error
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock