Discuss bathroom basin mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony73

Hello some help with some taps i haven't encountered before... they are 3 hole deck taps apparently

mixer taps on a marble surface with cupboard below. The taps are either side of the mixer spout and joined underneath the marble surface. On top of the spout is the rod that pulls up and down to open the plug. The rod travels through the back of the spout into which a small copper tube with a bell nut on the end. the rod goes through this bell nut and then connects to another rod that opens the plug. The problem is water is dripping down the rod below the surface when the taps are on.

Any help appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
first try tighten nut at base of spout as there are rubber washers between fittings .try armitage shanks millenia three hole range for some help

Yes, agree, sounds like the nut that holds & seals the rod at waste hasn't been tightened, - often guys just hardly tighten it up. It doesnt need too tight though, as rod will be hard to move.
I undo the nut, pull the rod slightly back & put silicone grease at ball joint, before tightening nut - this keeps rod easy to lift, even when nut is fairly tight.

Last edited:
thanks guys, I think the nut might be worn as the rod is rattling around in the nut hole. There certainly doesnt seem to be any seals any more. Do you know what this nut is called so i can replace?

If the seals are missing or faulty, then you might find it hard to get new bits.
If you can't get same, then you may just need an entire pop up waste fitting with rod. A standard type may suit ok. Other option would be to replace waste with a clicker type - no rods needed.

i like the sound of that. A clicker type waste and then a nut without a hole in it below to stop the leak. THANKYOU.

Clicker type is the entire waste (below & above the basin) plus a clicker stopper. No holes in it as no rods.
They probably wont last forever, but avoids the problems that some rod pop up basin have with jamming etc.
You may be able to get hold of a new complete pop up waste cheap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bathroom basin mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have purchased a new build property, which has a family bathroom, cloakroom and 2 en-suite shower rooms. All 4 basins have push button...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating an old stone house in France - about 900 years old at the oldest part - and we are trying to use authentic materials in all...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock