Search the forum,

Discuss Mono mixer tap cartridge removal recessed nut in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix (

NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP)​

I have attached a photo, I must be doing something wrong as I cannot find a tool for this too, or is their some sort of O ring that I need to remove?

Attachments

• 20230413_082548.jpg
    20230413_082548.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 15
The tool will most likely be manufacturer and possibly even tap specific.
There may have been one included in the original box the tap came in.

I can't see too clearly into the recess but usually there is a lock ring that holds the cartidge in place.
The ring will either have flats on the outer of inner edge for a box spanner type tool to grip or slots.

Failing that there may be pin holes facing up in the lock ring for a tool to fit in.

Is there any makers name or a photo showing the complete tap with handle and a clearer picture looking down into where the cartridge is?

The tool will most likely be manufacturer and possibly even tap specific.
There may have been one included in the original box the tap came in.

I can't see too clearly into the recess but usually there is a lock ring that holds the cartidge in place.
The ring will either have flats on the outer of inner edge for a box spanner type tool to grip or slots.

Failing that there may be pin holes facing up in the lock ring for a tool to fit in.

Is there any makers name or a photo showing the complete tap with handle and a clearer picture looking down into where the cartridge is?
The tap in question is
screwfix url ending in /p/niagara-waterfall-basin-mono-mixer-tap-with-clicker-waste-chrome/2054p

It looks like other people are having the same issue on the Q&A section for the tap on the website.

I will try again to see if I can locate lock ring.

For £60 ish quid might be best just to replace the tap

Reply to Mono mixer tap cartridge removal recessed nut in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock