Discuss Banging Condensing Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pepsicola

Hi all, We have a problem. Our 3 yr old Ferroli Optimax 25c condensing combination bolier has started to make banging noises within the last 48 hours. It is wall mounted in the loft with the condensate outlet connection leading to the outside gutter. The boiler has always worked great up until now. Last night we noticed that the outlet was blocked by ice, my husband unblocked the pipe and disconected it putting a bucket under the boiler to catch the waste. The heating has been on all day today with no banging but has now just started again. Why? Is there more to it than just the frozen outlet pipe?
Any advice apreciated. :confused:

check con trap,if poss,put warm water throu inner flue pipe,may be difficult with boiler in loft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Banging Condensing Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, First time poster. I've been banging my head against a wall this past month on google searches and soliciting advice of a couple of plumbers...
Replies
Views
B
Hi there, We have a Worcester 24i Junior Combi boiler. The house is rented and I have no information about service or installation history, the...
Replies
Views
ben341
B
A
Hello, this is my first post on the site so I hope I have posted it in the correct category! I had a Ferroli Modena 25C HE combi boiler fitted...
Replies
Views
AussieAndrew
A
R
Hi all, We had a new boiler installed by British Gas in November last year and it's been ok so far up until a couple of days ago when it started...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
S
Hello I need help please with my central heating boiler. I'm in a bit of a fix as my husband has had a knee operation and I'm trying to get the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock