Discuss Backflow prevention drain valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm looking for something to prevent back flow into a surface water drain when the beck floods. I rember some cast iron thingy from years ago which went in line and had a small chamber with a ball which floated up and closed off an orifice from the land drain which the sewer level rose. None of my builders merchants have seen anything like that or can suggest anything. Anyone ever seen one for sale or got any suggestions?

Been told what I am referring to is a Couzens ball trap interceptor or Dyers backflow prevention valve and they haven't been made since the 60s so need some ideas folks!

Last edited:
In my underground sprinkler system i have the copper pipe coming out of my house. At that point.

instead of me making new threads all the time i thought i would post here.

what are the 2 major ways in which water in a system may become contaminated??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Backflow prevention drain valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is perhaps a long shot, but anyway... I live in a block of flats in Beijing, and the heating is provided by a metropolitan heating system...
Replies
Views
All, We have an old soil pipe stack which has an inner diameter of 90mm. I presume it is a pitch fibre soil pipe (it's not cast iron). I...
Replies
Views
Hi there I wondered if anyone could help. We have recently connected central heating system (combi) and all the runs are in copper with cast iron...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
A
Ok a long story here. Ill split it up into a bit of background and where were at now. /Background/ We moved into a new house in February last...
Replies
Views
Andybrad
A
I
I have a sealed system, with a plastic top-up bottle. The bottle is connected to the system via plastic tube, and a valve. When the system is...
Replies
Views
ian29gte
I

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back