Search the forum,

Discuss Air gap under copper cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
Thanks for the secondary return in plastic pipe replies....Nice one
Just have another question i can't find an answer to
How does the bottom of a hot water copper cylinder rot if there's no circulation of air passing through it.
I know it rots but actually why it rots is my question???

Bottom of cylinder is cold. With little movement of air, condensation could form and not, later, be able to dry out. My mother's Primatic cylinder only lasted 40 years, probably for this reason.

Ift he floor is oak, the timber contains tannic acid.

Reply to Air gap under copper cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return to reduce the wait for hot water. HW is coming from unvented cylinder with a secondary return connection. The secondary return is almost straight...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi Just took order of the new Glenhill green envirofoam vented copper cylinder. Unfortunately I did not realise the green cylinder in the pictures was actually a plastic sheet over the insulation. This is going on a kitchen wall and previous one was the spray on foam painted white to blend in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock