Search the forum,

Discuss Would any one first fix a bathroom..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan LPS

Would any one first fix a bathroom all in 15mm its a gravity fed system but it mains fed cold and hot it gravity fed but the water storage tank is the best part of 30ft above the cyclinder and the hot pressure is unreal for a gravity fed. So a friend of mine has first fix all in 15 but I said should of been at least 22 up till bath. But I looked at the pressure of the hot and it was power full for a gravity better then some combi B iv seen

I might be ok aslong as the runs are short. Should be 22 though to the bath like you said

If it works i can't see why not, I would of run 22 to the bath myself.

is not the pressure ,is the volume of water that 22mm will deliver ! Also why is cold a mains pressure ?should be of the cold water tank , you sure there ist a combi boiler fitted ? and they never remove the tank in the loft just to keep the toilet going ?

Just wonder if your frend installed wash basin taps on the bath?! Might as well...

Last edited:
Smaller flow rate - smaller taps. Could save more money, by installing smaller taps... I would have it done in 22 though.

The customer could complain about lack of water (flow rate). To avoid any agro why not to use 22 to the bath straight away?! Full bore ISOs should go in too. And everyone’s happy…

It could work in 15 but 22 would give you better flow rate. And bath will fill more quickly.

There is a 22mm pipe till about 2 ft to where its tee'd in to the builders wasn't prospered to take the floor up so he could take 22mm further so he said so be it.. Basically.

As already mentioned, the pressure won't change but the flow rate will [be reduced]. I'd put 22mm in all the way.

Yh and like I said the builders wouldn't take floor up for him to run pipe the extra 2-3 ft

I went to the job to day its hard bored and tiled and there going to tile on top of the tiles already there I just said lets just hope the. Tap ain't a flow regulated tap

From BS 6700:2006+A1:2009

Design, installation, testing and maintenance of services supplying water for domestic use within buildings and their curtilages – Specification

5.5 Pipe sizing
The system shall be designed and installed so that the design flow rates given in Table 3 shall be available at each outlet and any group of outlets where the total demand does not exceed 0.3 l/s, when only that outlet or group of outlets are open. When simultaneous discharge occurs the rate of flow of water at any outlet in use shall be not less than the minimum rate given in Table 3.

tt33.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would any one first fix a bathroom..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at same time. I'm wondering if I could install a water tank to gravity feed one of the showers, with new electrric shower and if so how to stop the water...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock