Discuss worcester 240 bf problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bristoljay

i have no un usuall noises like bangs or gurgling nor does it affect the heating side of things.but the the problem i have is that when running the the hot water wich is plenty hot enough is simply trips out the pilot light,after a minute or two i can re light it and is fine for the next few minutes .one thing i have noticed is that it seems to be a bit worse in the winter.any help would be grately received.in the last year i have replaced the pump and red vessel cheers jas

high limit stat on hot water circ,its an old boiler,your more likely start spending big time now,lifespan of a combi is10/15 yrs

cheers for that .funds are tight at the moment with xmas looming.just need to get it through december-january so need to get this fixed for the time being.where is the stat located in the boiler.i know what you are saying with the age of the boiler but its top notch untill now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 240 bf problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock