Search the forum,

Discuss Wocester Heatslave 20/25 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heat slave 20/25 oil floor standing combi installed in 2007 is heating the rads to max whenever the system trys to heat the hot water core store, central heating is not being called for by the room stat.
Even if the rocker switch is set to hot water only the rads still heat, I suspect some diversion valve issue any help most welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
Diverter stuck can sometimes be freed of by removing the head and tapping the pin or you can put a new cartridge in

Is it that large plastic box directly above the pump, is it the drive that fails or the mechanical valve itself, what do i remove to access the head

Hi, this is Worcester, Bosch Group

Although we don't currently offer live technical support online, our Technical Support department will be able to help. Their number is 0844 892 3366 - they're open 6 days a week and on average answer calls within 20 second. If you want to know more about our Technical Support department visit our website: Customer technical support - Worcester, Bosch Group UK homeowner site

All restored thank you, removed the power drive head off the diverter valve the valve itself was stuck in the down position, after working it back and forth a few times it seems to function, one question should the spring return the valve slowly or should it return fast, there seems to be a fair resistance. I envisage returning to this problem in the near future.

It should be fairly slow return.

For others who are not familiar with this boiler is it just a standard Drayton Diverter valve.

generally speaking if its stuck once its on its way out best to change asap as a tight valve will burn out the head

Very poor design the motor head seems very flimsy, its only 2.5 years into its service life, could hard water be an issue, be interesting to see where the faulty ones are located in the uk

Very poor design the motor head seems very flimsy, its only 2.5 years into its service life, could hard water be an issue, be interesting to see where the faulty ones are located in the uk

Not due to hard water,more likely to be a dirty heating system,put some chemicals in and clean out,then add inhibitor,to help new valve stay lubricated internally

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wocester Heatslave 20/25 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock