Search the forum,

Discuss Water regulations traning. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumermicky

Mine just come thru the post today as i need to do this course matreial to get my BPEC Certificate. As i have notice this manule is HUGE and alot of studying i have to do. As anyone done this? and how long did it take ya to do? and how did you find it?

hi there, im doin my study with train 4 trade skills and am doin the study for the water regs which came in a huge file, am revising for the module test at the mo and can tell u to take ya time when you are doin this as it does stick but takes time.. if your doin it now how u gettin on? greig

Doing my Bpec WRAS now. Mine didn't come through the Post, it was handed to me at the training centre after completing the Bathroom Installation week (City&Guilds Sanitary Accommodation Installation, Maintenance and Design)

12 Modules plus a Glossary to work through, so if I take it easy and do one or two a week, to allow for it to sink in and getting on with the rest of my life. I should have it covered by the end of August when I go back to the centre for yet another week, this time all in the classroom though. Module 2 was a bit chunky and a lot like wading through treacle but the self tests at the end of the sections help show you if what you read went in. After that you know you can do it or read it again. I may even be able to work through the CITB Construction Skills W2 Unvented Hot Water Storage System and W4 course workbook in between time.

The Water Regulation Guide book is very good, full of all the stuff in the large folder but much more portable, read it you'll be glad you did.

Ps Burn the Water Reg's DVD and load it onto a ipod or mp4 player to watch on the go.

you are all worrying unneccessarily the water regs exam is an open book exam. when i did mine last year we had a powerpoint presentation whiwch covered the main points, this was supposed to last the whole day with the exam the next day. by lunch time we had all had enough(even the instructor) that it was decided to skip the rest of the presentation and do the test after lunch. it was really very easy, in the question they give you the section and page where you find the answer which has to be word perfect.

hope this helps steveb

I think you are all missing the point.

It is not about taking an exam and getting a ticket it is about gaining a deep understanding of what water regulations are about.

I teach plumbing and Conduct the water Regs Course. I would not allow any plumber without at least an NVQ 2 and the associated experience on the course.

I can assure you that doing the manual and the the exam does not equip you with enough knowledge. As for the chap who did it in 1/2 a day this is why the industry is full of "plumbers" who do not have the basic knowledge required.

In my view we need a license for plumbers.

The new qualification for plumbers starts in 2010 I have been informed this will include the competence for water regs etc being embedded within the new Plumbing Diploma which you will not be able to get unless you are working in the industryas a trainee with a qualified plumber.

Sat this exam last week, yes it is open book, powerpoint presentation, then part A which is 30 questions and part B which is 10 questions, Its all mulitple choice, But there are about 3 or 4 questions where you have to answer in a few words. Even though it is open book its not easy finding the relevent info and its worded slightly different in the book to what the question asks. Mostly its all on backflow prevention, make sure you read module 8, 4 and 2...seem there was more questions refering to those ones than anything. Its 75 minutes long, if you dont finish in time you have to resit. I only just made it with 10 mins to spare!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water regulations traning. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have an elderly neighbour getting quotes who has asked for my help and opinion, I don't really have a good one as it is not my area of expertise but I am trying to help. The quotes are all similar prices but She seemed to like one person and quote more than the others and I noticed that...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for ÂŁ1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not really solved this, so I feel i need some real advice from real tradesmen. I am 21 and stuck behind a desk not progressing into a career, I have...
Replies
Views
K
Hi, I'm a technology teacher (woodwork/metalwork etc.) aged 43, looking at training to be a plumber. I am considering doing a course run by a firm called 'The Trades Gateway' which covers: Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma (6035) in Plumbing Studies...
Replies
Views
Dalejones
D
R
Hello Everyone! I currently have a city and guilds level 2 plumbing qualification with some experience working as a plumber but would like to take it to the next stage can someone advise me on how to get a NVQ 2 qualification with what I already have? Also if anyone needs a pipe fitter or a...
Replies
Views
richfittings
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock