Search the forum,

Discuss Water Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AWMH

Hi all, first poster here. Here is my problem.
I recently fitted a new bath and have since developed a water leak. It comes down the wall from the bathroom, and may be following the pipework. It only occurs when the taps are open, and does not occur at all times. It can be days before it starts again. I have been under the bath and am pretty sure all the waste is sealed. How can it be that it is intermittent? I have noticed that the kitchen ceiling is developing stains at random points.

Do you have a shower above your bath? if so it could be the seal around the bath or the taps might not be sealed to the bath.

Not being funny how can someone on here locate it for you?

But if you have just fitted a bath it could be something to do with that or maybe you have disturbed pipework under the floor whilst doing the bath?

Call a Plumber they will sort it

Try and make it leak whilst you've got the bath panel off and a powerful flashlight under it. Get someone to stand in bath. Turn shower on if necessary. Do whatever you do normally. Try and see the leak.
If it leaks downstairs and you can't see anything it's prob distrubed pipework under floorboards (or something else.) If you can see the leak duing usage, wrap tissue round bits of pipe to trace the source.

Not being funny how can someone on here locate it for you?

But if you have just fitted a bath it could be something to do with that or maybe you have disturbed pipework under the floor whilst doing the bath?

Call a Plumber they will sort it
Point taken Zammo. But whoever heard of a leak that only leaks when taps are on?

Do you have a shower above your bath? if so it could be the seal around the bath or the taps might not be sealed to the bath.
I do have shower but that's not the problem. I'm sure of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the bath over flow is fitted and sealed correctly

Check no water is running back to base of taps and along and over edge of bath

:)

Point taken Zammo. But whoever heard of a leak that only leaks when taps are on?

I do have shower but that's not the problem. I'm sure of that.
I guess it must be pipework. Looks like it's time to spend some of my hard earned on a plumber. Cheers all

around the seal of the taps
If I feel around the top of taps there is a slight leak. Not sure that it is big enough to cause the amount of water I am seeing

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sorry if i was a bit upfront with you

As you say thier is a leak now i would sort that first a little amout can cause alot of havoc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock