Discuss Very slow hot supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled the isolators and put full bore in. He a has a funky overflow filler with a mixer on the wall, I really think it needs to be pumped. The Cold is mains tho, who ever was in there before me did not have a clue

'Funky' usually means high pressure in my experience. This is a more restrictive set up than standard bath taps so with a head of a 2meters or so it will be poor flow to the bath. pop the tank up 1m and you will have increased the head by 50% though.

Does sound like it needs a decent pump, not a shower pump either

I pulled the isolators and put full bore in. He a has a funky overflow filler with a mixer on the wall, I really think it needs to be pumped. The Cold is mains tho, who ever was in there before me did not have a clue
You could put a single impeller pump in. Off the hot water draw off from the cylinder. Wouldn't be too expensive.

Putting the tank up 1 meter would make no difference, yes you would have 0.1 bar better pressure but flow would be ni on same and you wouldn't notice any improvement to the eye for all the work involved. As said wrong tap/ wrong pipe size and bin flexi's.

I would personally say put a twin impeller pump in with dedicated supplies. Or if the flow rate and pressure is there an unvented system.

Last edited:
Make sure it's 22mm copper all the way and ad a single impeller booster if his still not happy that's about all you can do.

Just a shot in the dark but have you removed the hot tap valve and checked for crap from tank. Had this once with same issue. Sorry if you said you fitted new I didn't read through posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very slow hot supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock