Search the forum,

Discuss Very slow hot supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi I have taken over a job where a total incompetent fool was playing plumber but clearly did not have a clue. Has destroyed the poor home owners gaff, started at just a leaking Johnson fitting (back to front) the catalog of mess is endless. The pipe work he done looked like mario had been at it, I got the bath in and the hot was very slow (gravity system) was un usable so pulled bath out lifted floor and re done the hot supply. Removed 10 elbows in 15mm copper and replaced in speedy pipe and a full bore vavle so as little restrictions as possible, it's much much better but still not as good as I would like.

the c/w tank in on the deck in the loft so could get it up high in the loft to add a bigger head to help

also I said about a pump but the down stairs seems ok. I think it's now just a lack of hight that's the issue

any other ideas or tips on the pump.

Cold water is is on the main pressure

Youve answered your own question there bud. Lift the cws and make sure no flexi's to bath taps cos of small internal bore..

What size pipe have you put to the bath? 22mm for vented was what I was always taught.

22 from cylinder to bath tap, from there 15 to basin and kitchen sink. Bit more 22 if more draw off. Tis always the way for a reason

Full bore or low pressure bath taps an all no quarter turn jobbies on carp pressure unless they're rated for gravity

22mm from the cylinder to the bath, no flexible tap connectors or isolation valves. Use a gate valve or a full bore plug valve. Remember also about your cwsc position when/if you raise it as you don't want much horizontal pipe work either. As above no quarter turn high pressure taps.

I pulled the isolators and put full bore in. He a has a funky overflow filler with a mixer on the wall, I really think it needs to be pumped. The Cold is mains tho, who ever was in there before me did not have a clue

I pulled the isolators and put full bore in. He a has a funky overflow filler with a mixer on the wall, I really think it needs to be pumped. The Cold is mains tho, who ever was in there before me did not have a clue

'Funky' usually means high pressure in my experience. This is a more restrictive set up than standard bath taps so with a head of a 2meters or so it will be poor flow to the bath. pop the tank up 1m and you will have increased the head by 50% though.

Does sound like it needs a decent pump, not a shower pump either

You could put a single impeller pump in. Off the hot water draw off from the cylinder. Wouldn't be too expensive.

Putting the tank up 1 meter would make no difference, yes you would have 0.1 bar better pressure but flow would be ni on same and you wouldn't notice any improvement to the eye for all the work involved. As said wrong tap/ wrong pipe size and bin flexi's.

I would personally say put a twin impeller pump in with dedicated supplies. Or if the flow rate and pressure is there an unvented system.

Last edited:
Make sure it's 22mm copper all the way and ad a single impeller booster if his still not happy that's about all you can do.

Just a shot in the dark but have you removed the hot tap valve and checked for crap from tank. Had this once with same issue. Sorry if you said you fitted new I didn't read through posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very slow hot supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock