Discuss Very slow hot supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi I have taken over a job where a total incompetent fool was playing plumber but clearly did not have a clue. Has destroyed the poor home owners gaff, started at just a leaking Johnson fitting (back to front) the catalog of mess is endless. The pipe work he done looked like mario had been at it, I got the bath in and the hot was very slow (gravity system) was un usable so pulled bath out lifted floor and re done the hot supply. Removed 10 elbows in 15mm copper and replaced in speedy pipe and a full bore vavle so as little restrictions as possible, it's much much better but still not as good as I would like.

the c/w tank in on the deck in the loft so could get it up high in the loft to add a bigger head to help

also I said about a pump but the down stairs seems ok. I think it's now just a lack of hight that's the issue

any other ideas or tips on the pump.

Cold water is is on the main pressure

Youve answered your own question there bud. Lift the cws and make sure no flexi's to bath taps cos of small internal bore..

What size pipe have you put to the bath? 22mm for vented was what I was always taught.

22 from cylinder to bath tap, from there 15 to basin and kitchen sink. Bit more 22 if more draw off. Tis always the way for a reason

Full bore or low pressure bath taps an all no quarter turn jobbies on carp pressure unless they're rated for gravity

22mm from the cylinder to the bath, no flexible tap connectors or isolation valves. Use a gate valve or a full bore plug valve. Remember also about your cwsc position when/if you raise it as you don't want much horizontal pipe work either. As above no quarter turn high pressure taps.

I pulled the isolators and put full bore in. He a has a funky overflow filler with a mixer on the wall, I really think it needs to be pumped. The Cold is mains tho, who ever was in there before me did not have a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very slow hot supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock