Currently reading:
Urgent unvented hot water cylinder help needed.

Discuss Urgent unvented hot water cylinder help needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scottwood75

I was called by a friend to have a look at his unvented cylinder. The tprv was discharging into the tundish so I went to have a look, found it like this.

KatesBirthday010.jpg

KatesBirthday009.jpg

KatesBirthday008.jpg

KatesBirthday007.jpg

KatesBirthday006.jpg

KatesBirthday011.jpg

I know there are a few serious errors and would like someone to help identify them all to confront the installer.

The D2 pipework is defiantly wrong and terminates by going through the brick wall into thin air, on a 3rd floor flat. also its plastic overflow pipe.

Comments and thoughts please.

that is shocking! ..... while on the subject, i had a boiler the other day were the prv outlet ran along and then upwards by about 500mm then out the wall and down at ground level (was in an atik), i no this is not correct but the prv would still be able to discharge and would eventualy push water up the pipe and to outside, i informed the customer that this was not correct and got the usual "its been like that for years, no one has ever said about it before" i made a note on my jobsheet as the customer wouldn't pay to have a new hole drilled and pipework altered, just wondered what you guys would do in this situation.

You did all you could if they don't want it fixed then that's there problem

definitely, you're professional enough to spot the problem which could be seriously hazardous, their call if they wish to ignore this matter, and like you say it's all recorded on your job sheet which covers yourself which is the main thing!

Only just noticed this thread - should be used as a teaching exercise on the courses!

Hard to tell from the pics but haven't the electric flexes been fandangled across the doorway as trip wires in an attempt to kill anybody trying to inspect the setup?

And I wonder why the floor looks damp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent unvented hot water cylinder help needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock