Discuss Tap Cartridges - Impossible situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the cartridge, surely job is almost done, or at least worth trying at this point? To be honest, they probably aren't that dirty where the rubber seals were, assuming the rubber seals (O rings) came out in one piece. I'd be inclined to check for dirt and if it looks kind of alright, just push the new cartridges in with some silicone grease.

I sense an unexplained change of plan?

Vinegar works quite well as a descaler, but I'm with Yorkshire on this to some degree in that, if the brass is poor quality, then you may do more harm than good.

Just a bit of silicon grease to ease install of new cartridge, any scouring of surface will be worse...

Just a bit of silicon grease to ease install of new cartridge, any scouring of surface will be worse...

Looking at the images submitted, I'd say the scale build up def needs cleaning out. The chances of new seals coping with that level of deformation and sealing are slim. Carefully descaling then polishing with 00 wire wool and flushing it all out afterwards will get you the best chance of success.

You're are a glutton for punishment I'll give you that. God only knows why you're doing it. I hope to goodness this old thing is worth all this heartache? Is it solid gold and you've not told us? :confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap Cartridges - Impossible situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views
O
Trying to remove the tap lever on above mentioned mixer, model no. 33281001 and not having any joy. I've removed the screw cover and the allen...
Replies
Views
O
W
Hi, I've been having an annoying problem of humming pipes in a house. I've outlined the details below, I've had a plumber round who suggested...
Replies
Views
T
I went to quote a customer for fitment of a new shower and a pump. When I got there, it turns out they have 2 showers, one of which already has...
Replies
Views
TBServices
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock