Discuss syphonic double trap toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TGOR,
So are you saying that as the water flows down from the syphon in to the pan through the rim,this causes a sucking type of action and sucks air up through the tube creating a vacuum between the two traps momentarily, then releases the suction when water empties from the syphon. (sorry if i sound a bit thick on this one)

Thanks a lot TGOR.
I'll be able to drink my J.S in peace now
without trying to think that one out.
SORTED

(A problem shared is a problem halved)

As just a simple two-dimensional electronic engineer I am now completely confused!!!!
Is there a (simple) drawing of the innards of this abomination; siphons, traps, (bombs, aspirated or otherwise) to enable an understanding of how it works?
I now have The Flushing Problem with one. The handle came off the lift plunger thingy so I had to take off the tank to get at the insides of the siphon; since then it has not worked! I have replaced the donut and clamped the tank down hard onto it but NFG. Obviously my fault but how?
Thanks....

Hi Leon,
I dont know where you can find a really good explanitory drawing.(tried myself)
Make sure the syphon diaphragm is not split/damaged.Is the cistern water level o.k. Is C link set right.
Is the bomb still on the aspirator when you refitted the cistern.(as well as the donut ring).
Screw fix site will show you what the aspirator should look like.
I was advised a new turbo syphon and aspirator/bomb makes a good job on these systems
but have not tried it myself.

Other members on this site may well be able to help you.
Good luck mate. :frown2:

Cistern water level is as before and flushing moves all the water out of the tank. Still trying to find what bombs and aspirators etc are....!
I did not see anything different when I dissassembled the tank gear and thought I had done the Hains manual thing ok; Reassembly is the reverse of dissassembly!!
Will check out ScrewFix. Thanks for the tip!

Hi Leon,
I dont know where you can find a really good explanitory drawing.(tried myself)
Make sure the syphon diaphragm is not split/damaged.Is the cistern water level o.k. Is C link set right.
Is the bomb still on the aspirator when you refitted the cistern.(as well as the donut
ring).
Screw fix site will show you what the aspirator should look like.
I was advised a new turbo syphon and aspirator/bomb makes a good job on these systems
but have not tried it myself.

Other members on this site may well be able to help you.
Good luck mate. :frown2:

There's a decent drawing on google images. syphonic double trap toilet

Found it! Thanks.
Can you, or anybody, tell me who makes these things?
The manufacturers might have some Special Tricks!

There's another older thread mate

Just search in the bar at the top of the page for 'Syphonic wc' or 'Aspirator'

:rockon2:

Hi Leon,
Syvac aspirator and seal at tool station

part no.91249 £14.26
Seal Part no.16760 £4.06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to syphonic double trap toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock