Discuss Soldering for a DIY'er in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asadm

Hi All,

I am planning on laying out two zones of Flow and Returns in my property in preparation for a plumber who will install my unvented cylinder and a system boiler.

I anticipate requiring around 80-100 metres of 22mm which will need to be soldered in places. I may also require the 15mm copper tube falling down to the rads but I may do that in plastic as I want it to appear behind the rads and then connect on to the valves from behind, like they do in new builds. I am being advised to achieve this type of connection with 15mm plastic pipe which will drop down from the 22mm copper and then give me enough flex to bend and connect to the valves.

Returning to the original question - what do you advise me to purchase by way of blow torch? As I said, this is a one-off project and the prices of torches vary from £10 to £150.

Thanks

Sounds a mess. Have you not asked advice from the guy doing the cylinder and boiler.

Could end up being very expensive for you. I know that if it was me connecting on to a diy'ed system then there would be pages of terms and conditions around filling up testing etc.

Hi SimonG,

I am intrigued to understand what is so messy about me laying the flow and return pipes. Admittedly, I am not a plumber but have read extensively, worked on a system previously and have a ecosystem of very helpful people on this forum. I will also plan my work in concert with the plumber.

Perhaps you can help with my question on the blow torch?

Thanks. Can you please elaborate? What does this denote and any indication on where it can be purchased? Thanks again

Google will help you choose

What torch does your plumber use? That might put you in the right direction of what may be decent.

Superfire 2 best control. Have you soldered before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soldering for a DIY'er in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock