Search the forum,

Discuss Flow / return pipe layout - is this sensible? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello folks
I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail,

In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take note of the flow and returns feeding the radiators on the ground floor. And jotted down a little diagram, does this seem like a sensible way of laying the pipes out?

Essentially its as so :- For the first meter from the boiler, flow return each are at 28mm then each split into 2 lots of 22mm runs. One run powering the radiators at the rear of the property, and the other powering the radiators at the front. From the 22mm runs, they go down to 15mm to the rads,

Diagram below

1699130850460.png

Could be the pump is getting weak try turning all the upstairs off does some of the downstairs work ?

Could be the pump is getting weak try turning all the upstairs off does some of the downstairs work ?

I rang the boiler manufacture over the weekend, it's only 6months old this boiler so doubt its the pump so soon?
It only powers the radiators the ground floor this one.

Does the loop/s on the diagram look sensible? Im hoping to not have to rework flow and return pipes ideally.

Pipework looks fine maybe try balancing the rads ?

Reply to Flow / return pipe layout - is this sensible? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock