Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Soil pipe fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gdpamg

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on suitable fittings for the setup in this little ensuite.

The current toilet (cistern pictured) will be removed along with the soil pipe up to the point of the t-piece (circled red). The pipe coming through the wall is from the toilet in the main bathroom so will remain.

So question 1: can I just cap off the t-piece or do I need to replace it with a bend?

Secondly, the proposed position for the new toilet is where the sink currently is, so question 2: Would I be able to fit a t-piece on the blue circled section for the new toilet, or is this not suitable?

3095792458_7f6e5c384f.jpg

Hi. Once you remove the wc and soil pipe from branch, fit a access cap 110mm in its place, this will allow roding in the event of a blockage.
A 110mm 92.5 degree branch may fit but looks a bit tight. make sure you Shaffer the pipe ends well and apply silicon grease to both "O" ring in fittings and pipe ends as you will need allow easy movement when fitting in such a confined space. Good Luck

If it was me i'd pull the pipe run apart back to the fitting far left (looks like the stack) and then start again, i think you'll get a branch in ok, problem will be getting a pipe at the right position for the pan spigot. Are those soil pipes at the back there getting boxed in ? are you having a concealed cistern ? If you can create a boxing behind the loo you'll have more space and a better chance of piping up to the pan, maybe with a flexi pan connector ?

wat id do is replace the tee for a bend like you say .. make it look tidier than a tee with a piece and a cap

and for the toilet where the sink is now .. it looks to me like there is an elbow coming out of the wall on the far left ... strip back to that with a new piece in and a bent multi quick

av it!

Hi,
Thanks for the responses, yes the fitting to the far left is the stack and the pipes will be boxed in, not sure about concealed cistern as its all down to space, its a small akward little space as you can see.

Any advantages/disadvantages of using a multiquick rather than a flexible pan connector?

I tend to view a flexi connector as a last resort if you can't get a multikwik to fit. The problem with flexi pan connectors is that it's all too easy to allow them to sag or contort into awkward shapes restricting the flow and increasing the chance of blockage and making clearance of the pan contents with a single flush less likely.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil pipe fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock